Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Eating Our Way Across NYC

This blog is for keeping track of things I cook, but I am not cooking this week since I am in New York, New York for spring break! NY is a food-lover's paradise. This is what I ate. 
 
Day 0


Late Lunch/Early Dinner @ Radiance near our hotel. Tea Shop with Asian Fusion foods. We shared a pot of white peony tea and an order of chicken won tons (the first time I ever had won tons that weren't fried!) Nathan had an unagi (eel) rice bowl and I had shrimp with avocado, pickled cabbage and creamy miso sauce.


Midnight (our time) snack @ Red 58 - a small bar/grill a few blocks from our hotel.
Shared an order of BBQ pork sliders (bbq pork, melted havarti and pickles) and a blue cheese wedge salad. He had a manhattan and I had their "Bastarda's" - a mix of JD, SoCo, Amaretto, cinnamon and an orange slice. Yummy.


Day 1
"Brunch" at Katz's Deli! Katz's is the "I'll have what she's having" restaurant in When Harry Met Sally, but it's more than just a movie spot. It's super good.
Shared a giant pastrami on rye, potato salad,  and pickles.


Not actually what she had.
 "Snack" at a brewery as we were walking back to our hotel after wandering up and down Little Italy, Chinatown, Town Hall, the Library/Bryant Park and Rockafeller center. I was thirsty. I had the wheat beer and Nathan had "Old Red Hen." They brew their own rootbeer which I might go back for. As we were leaving he said that he was going to suggest stopping for ice cream, but the beer hit the same spot. Beer. It's like ice cream for grownups!


Dinner before our show at Basso 56th, an Italian restaurant near Broadway. Shared a caprese salad.He had spinach and cheese ravioli and I had fettuccine with porcine mushrooms and spinach.

Fresh Mozzarella = love
Day 2

Central Park today!
"Brunch" was a $1 hot dog from a cart. Everything comes with brown ground mustard instead of yellow stuff here. I love it. Wish I could get a coke though. Stupid pepsi everywhere.
Later we had waffles from a cart called Waffles and Dinges with speculoos spread and whipped cream. Speculoos is the consistency of creamy peanut butter and tastes like a gingerbread cookie. Amazing.

Dinner was at Les Halles where Anthony Bourdain used to be the executive chef. It was all I wanted and more. I had steak frites with blue cheese sauce (to compare with the same meal at Mon Ami Gabi - it was better) and Nathan had some tripe thing. He is gross. Monday is half-off wine day so we shared a bottle of beaujolais. The only thing that could have made my dinner at Les Halles better would be Tony himself showing up, but it was not to be.

Oh, hi Sarah. Didn't see you come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment