Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Best Blueberry Muffins Ever

I don't bake much. I think this is mostly because I hate cleaning up after (I tend to make a big old mess baking), I hate waiting for batch after batch (I always end up making bar cookies or just eating the cookie dough) and because my husband is better at it than I am. This recipe is awesome though because it's very fast and it only makes one batch of muffins so I don't have to sit there and bake batch after batch after batch. Yes, I realize I could cut any recipe down, but who wants to make only 12 cookies? Also, sometimes the amounts are hard to cut in half. What is half of 3/4 cup? 3/8? How would I measure that?

Makes 1 batch of 12 muffins, so adjust to meet your muffin needs.
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg slightly beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup blueberries
Preheat the oven to 375 and grease or paper muffin pans. Toss the blueberries with 1/4 cup of the flour and set aside. Mix the remaining 1 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg, milk, and butter, stirring only enough to dampen the flour; the batter should not be smooth. Add the blueberries and 1/4 cup flour last. Spoon into the muffin pans filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. 

3 comments:

  1. Mmm.. just in time for blueberry season. Thanks, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you were going to blog about what you cook. So cool! I love the pic of your cat looking right past the muffins. I always love reading about what you've created from your bountiful basket. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete